Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

31.10.14

6:10

"There comes a point when you just have to accept the Gospel."
A point where wanting to be a better person turns into a discontentment that can be equated with self-loathing and really, really, really not liking who you are. And when you hit that point, you're eventually going to realize that where you are, how you feel about yourself—it's wrong.
The words quoted above are from an amazing friend of mine when I was telling her that I'm not that much of a fan of myself. In fact, when I look at myself, I see terribleness. Ugliness. A horrible, horrible person.
Then she told me to read Song of Solomon. Because she had, and it had overwhelmed her about how God, as she put it, is obsessed with us. Yes, she said, it's about a married couple, but look at it as the marriage between you and Christ.
So I did.
And I found this verse—6:10.

Who is this who looks down like the dawn,
beautiful as the moon,
bright as the sun,
awesome as an army with banners?

Read that again. But read it like God is saying it about you.
In his eyes, y o u are like the sunrise,
y o u are like the beautiful, silvery moon,
y o u are like the warming and brilliant sun,
y o u are like an army with banners.

You are b e a u t i f u l to him. So beautiful. So, so loved. Always. Forever. Undyingly (funnily enough, because he died).
Never forget that. Please, please don't. Truly.

Rebekah

9 comments:

  1. Thanks!! It's so easy to complicate the gospel and forget how much he loves us and that we are already perfect. A beautiful reminder- thank you!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just say that when I read this a few days ago from my iPod, it was just what I needed to hear.

    It still is. :)

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was utterly beautiful and so encouraging, Bekah. I loved it. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I nominated you over on my blog, if you want to check it out.

    http://heartsthatwhisper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...