Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

7.7.13

patience


At camp, the paid summer staff and a few others give short testimonies on the things God has recently been teaching us. This was mine for last week.
Lately, I've been having trouble with patience. This weekend, I had some problems with my sisters and my family. I was annoyed because they weren't doing things the way I wanted them to, and it was really hard to not explode at them. I'm kind of having the same problem this week.
But the other day, I was reminded of something a good friend of mine had written. She was talking about how she thoughts crows were ugly and she didn't like them. But then she went on to say that we are ugly crows. And she's right. We're all sinners. So this week, God has been reminding me that I'm just as ugly as the people I'm getting annoyed with. That has helped me to stay more patient this week, and I hope it helps you guys too.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by His grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24

Bekah Joan

2 comments:

  1. It can be easier to the flaws of others than it is to see our own faults. We're all sinners, though, and we indeed need to remember to have patience with others the way we want others to have patience with us.

    Lovely post, Bekah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...