Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

29.6.14

Distractions

At camp, the paid summer staff and a few others give short testimonies on the things God has recently been teaching us. This was mine for past week.


So, lately I've been getting distracted. It's become a problem because it's taking away from from my job as a counselor-in-training. A few new things have entered my life in the past few months, and my mind keeps wandering to them. But they don't apply to my work here. I need to focus on helping the campers and encouraging the staff—not letting my mind wander.

There's a verse in Colossians 3 that says, "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Right now, God has placed me at camp, so I need to be at camp. This is where I'm supposed to be. God wants me here, so I need to serve Him and focus on the goals He has given me: loving the campers and the staff. The distractions can be addressed outside of camp. But right now, I am going to focus on God and my campers and my fellow staff members.
Bekah Joan

6 comments:

  1. How's camp going for you overall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairly well, really. :) The staff is amazing, and the campers have been pretty darn awesome.

      Delete
  2. I love that verse. :)

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. :)
    Go over to my blog - thinkreadwritedream.blogspot.com - for your questions!

    xoxo,
    Bethan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Bethan. :) I don't do awards/tags any more, but I appreciate the thought very much.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...