Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

20.7.14

The Lord is My Strength



























At camp, the paid summer staff and a few others give short testimonies on the things God has recently been teaching us. This was mine from two weeks ago.
So, over the weekend, I was thinking about this coming week and how on earth I was going to make it through. Emotionally, I was not prepared, and I wasn't quite sure how to become prepared.
I was sitting up with two girls from the counseling staff, waiting for our girls to get ready for our name introduction game, and I realized I was not ready for this week at all. And I'm only here until Wednesday (I went to NYC, guys. More on that later)! Then this morning, I took the time to read my Bible. Now, normally  I read the devotions given to the staff, but I managed to leave the devotion book at home. So I read John 14, which is where Jesus says that He's the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
That chapter really encouraged me. It was reassuring and refreshing. John 14:12 says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father."
That encouraged me because it showed me that I can not only get through this week, but I can thrive for God. As long as I believe in Jesus Christ, I can serve Him through serving all of you. I just need to remember to rely on Him.

Bekah Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...