Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

4.8.14

New York City

It was packed with tourists and colors and (mostly appalling) smells. The noise never, ever ended. It was thrilling and terrifying and fun and hot and rainy and sunny and pretty darn cool.
I saw the Statue of Liberty. I was in the Empire State Building. I didn't go up to Olympus due to time issues, but I was there. We stayed at a hotel right on Times Square (which, by the way, is not a square). We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which thrilled me most. When I was little and still doing ballet, I watched a movie on Degas. Forgetting how accurate it was (I have no idea, by the way), I fell in love with Degas and his The Little Fourteen-Year-Old Dancer sculpture. So imagine my happiness when I found it, standing there in the center of one of the many rooms. I was giddy. Elated. Ecstatic. There was also a photography section on Garry Winogrand. (Check out Artsy's page on him here.) This made me super duper happy. The architecture in the city? Beautiful. Gorgeous. Amazing.
BUT. I would never ever ever ever ever ever want to live there. I'd go back. But living there? Nope. Too busy. Too noisy. Too many people and terrible smells (although if you walked by the right places, it was heavenly) and you just feel so enclosed. It's like you're inside when you're outside. Unless it's raining. And then you're outside.
But it was beautiful in its own way. I've always loved cities because the country shows us nature, but city shows us man. And I like seeing personalities come out through architecture and art and people strolling by.
Overall, it was fun. And great. A wonderful experience. My favorite part was absolutely the Met.
Obviously.
Bekah Joan

6 comments:

  1. The photos took my breath away...Let me just say you're so lucky. ;P

    The Statue of Liberty, the skyline, the tall, thin buildings...and Radio City Music Hall! Home of the Rockettes...let's say I admire those dancers a lot and I'd love to see a show there. Just...I hope I get to visit NYC. ;)

    I'm glad you had a great time there, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics.. gorgeous. I like the Coast Guard boat, I didn't know they had pigs on them. I didn't recognize any of the buildings except Lady Liberty though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures you took, especially the black and white ones. Breathtaking views, for sure... I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! :)
    Now I'm having a case of wanderlust... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Haha, I understand. After getting back from that and camp, I wanted to stay home for a while. Now? I want to go somewhere! :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...