Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

28.10.13

the story of dawnyelle and austin

So, here's that post I said I might do on my NaNo novel. Currently, I think I've given it the title "Dawnyelle." This will probably only last a few days before I change it again. Enjoy, dearies. <3
Ugh. These two. They have put me through enough emotional trauma to last me a lifetime, and I haven't even started writing the freaking book yet.
Her name is Dawnyelle. She's broken and full of more self-hatred than anyone should have to bear.
His name is Austin. He's depressed, lonely, and lost.
They're next door neighbors who haven't talked in years. But when Dawnyelle talks him out of committing suicide (dramatic, eh?) and promises to show him why life is worth it, that all changes.
Soon the two are off on a journey of healing and finding beauty, together.
If I could describe it in one sentence (because that's what I had to do for the Snowflake Method), it'd be this:


"Two kids, one depressed and the other broken, find healing and beauty in Christ."

But it's so much more than that. So. Much. More. It's about struggling through the ugliness of the swamp to find a breathtaking waterfall. It's about letting go of loved ones, loyalty, grace, and learning to dance in the rain (literally and figuratively).
It's also about this puppy. And this cat.
This is Austin: (Aka Callan McAuliffe.)
I don't have a specific person that I think Dawnyelle looks like, but I'll stick with this one. It's, like, my favorite because of the camera (she has a thing for photography) and her gorgeous smile.
{via}
Pinterest inspiration board.
Also, I wanted to give some very due credit to this lovely woman. She's the one who taught me about the beauty of life, even in the rough times. So you should all go check her blog out. Her posts are amazing. (And, speaking from someone who knows her personally—asdfghjkl she's amazing and wonderful and beautiful inside and out. I seriously don't know where I'd be without her. Or her four absolutely ADORABLE kids.)
Okay.
Sorry.
I told myself I wasn't going to get all sappy (HAHAHAHA.), so I'll just stop.
Bekah Joan

8 comments:

  1. ooh!! I must read this sometime Bekah! either that, or I'll immediately buy it once it is published!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Bekah!
    Your story sounds really awesome, and I've seen your pins on Pinterest (I'm following you), and I would absolutely read it. Love the puppy and the kitty, by the way! :)
    Also, best of luck for NaNo! It's coming fast... Too fast!
    PS: Love the name 'Dawnyelle'. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this sounds. :D

    Are you going to post your last novel somewhere for other people to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi, no, I'm still editing it. :p And I'd really like to get it published, so probably not. But excerpts, on occasion-yes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...