Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

14.2.15

Celebrating Winter | Winter: the Challenge by Liz Cristina [guest post]

Sharp blue sky. The chill that snaps at your nose has chased away the clouds. It's sapphire cut into pieces by brown, bare branches.
A mini roadside landscape stretched like something from the national geographic. I swear, the trees looked like frosted wheaties.
For the sake of keeping to Bekah's theme, I'll try to stay away from making this an essay about cabin fever.
But I will say just this: Cabin fever happens all.the.time. where I live. Heck, it gets so cold you go on strike: I'll just sit here under my blankets and pout until it gets warmer.
And for me, this can get really depressing. I like to move. Go outside and look around. Explore. Pretty soon, when it gets below 32 degrees, I'm feeling really unproductive with my life.
Okay, I promise this is going to get happier.
This is a challenge; an invitation, to embrace winter in all its, um, necessities. You have to bundle up to go out, right? So, just do it. Open the front door with your camera, canvas and paints, notebook, what-have-you. Walk along the road and place your feet on the white lines. Hold your arms out to the side. You can go anywhere. This is your place. Create something out of it.
God put the whipped cream on the ground for a reason, ya know?

Thank you so very much for having me, Bekah! This was really fun. :)
Hi, I'm Liz. I'm a fifteen year old girl with a passion for literature and art of any kind. I'm saved by the Great Artist of the world. I post photography, book reviews, poetry, and novel excerpts on my blog, Liz CristinaI'd love for you to stop by!

3 comments:

  1. So true!!! And lovely pictures. (: I personally love the winter and could stay snuggled in all year. But over the years we've found I'm allergic to grass and tree pollen, and most recently bee venom. /: So I guess winter's just safer? ^.^ Great advice, though!!! I've been doing a lot of doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS POST!! Yes, winter is ever so welcoming when you stand up. It's patient, but doesn't wait. It'll come and go as it pleases, leaving you to decide what to do with the time you have. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love how you think of snow as whipped cream. Yumm xx. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...