Looking for more to read? Head over to my new blog, Rebekah Joan!

26.11.14

an excerpt [12]

   When we joined the group around the fire, I was greeted with smiles and hugs and it felt normal—except better. Justin had his guitar, which put me at ease. I dug my toes into the sand, listening to his music mix with the waves lazily rolling onto the beach.
   There was something about those people. My people. They loved me, and they knew when I needed support even though not everyone agreed with what I believed. That’s what good friends do. They don’t judge.
   They love.
   I looked at the beautiful faces of my friends, yellow in the light of the fading sun and the fire. Those faces were my faces. Their names were etched on my heart, and mine was on theirs. They had left an imprint in me, soft in some places, hard in others.
   And I’d done the same to them.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

Rebekah

8 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. You write beautifully!

    arushee // unadorned gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah, this is so beautiful. It put a smile on my face and gave me the internal fuzzies. That last paragraph gave me shivers, too. Great work, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may sound a little weird, but reading this, I could see YOU all over it. Does that make sense? Like if I'd read in without knowing you'd wrote it, I would have thought of you.

    Anyways. I really like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asdfghjkl that makes me so, so happy, Liz. Because that means that I finally have a style. Like, a solid one. AND THAT JUST MAKES ME SO HAPPY. Asdfghjkl thank you. <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...